Saturday, January 30, 2010

Smile, your all alone..

Tonight I started out by feeling lonely. It's Saturday night, Pat took the deep fryer downstairs so he and all our neighbors can eat greasy, fried anything-you-want, and drink cocktails. Bummed. I miss hanging out. And don't get me wrong I could but it would be difficult. I am on a very different level right now and it's taking a lot of strength to be at this level. So I turned my attitude around and have decided to see the positive in this night of quiet alone time. I've made myself a really delicious salad, picked out the girliest movie I own and me and Tucker have parked it on the couch. It's so nice! Just me and my pup. Yes I want to be downstairs, but that is not an option for me right now. So I'm having my own party.

I only have a week left. Amazing. It's really been going fast. Sometimes not fast enough, but for the most part it's flown by. If only I could speed through the evenings as that's when the real challenge hits. I'm feeling good, really good. I feel stronger and healthier. Before this I felt so weak, and at the young age of 26, felt older then I should. I think I got that pep back in my step.

It's clear to me now that it really isn't that much of a sacrifice to make small changes in your everyday life as over time these changes will create some lasting affects on your overall vitality. It's only been 2 weeks on this detox and I am feeling major changes in my mental and physical self! I think anyone can commit to something for 2 weeks, and once you see and feel like I do its motivation to continue. I want to make the most out of my life's journey. If I'm not feeling physically up to par, I wont be able to do that. And I know for me, when I'm lazy and not working out and eating crap like I was before this, my confidence was much lower. That sucks! That's not my personality, I'm usually an outgoing and confident girl. But by not taking care of myself I was sinking lower and lower into a negative lifestyle. The sunshine is back out!

Something I've found of importance when wanting to make a change in your life is to not make the goal be too big or too far out. If you break the goal down to short increments, it is easier on yourself to succeed. And when you succeed it gives you the encouragement to keep going.

Here's our motivational quote for today:

"True life is lived when tiny changes occur." - Leo Tolstoy

Ponder that for a bit. I am off to watch my chick flick. I plan to laugh and cry my heart out. It's going to be a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment