Sunday, January 17, 2010

Preparation

Preperation is going to be my key to success.

Yesterday I organized my apartment to get ready for this detox. I have designated a portion of my kitchen counter for all of my "food needs". Blender for the protein/fiber smoothies is out, grinder for my flax seeds is out and containers are ready for all of the food preperations to begin. I took a whiff of the Protoclear powder that I will be drinking in my smoothies multiple times a day. Thank God it smells delicious!! One less worry there.

Today, I do all the food shopping. Preparing for this got slightly overwhelming. I had to walk away for a bit and come back. I have decided to only plan my meals for 3 days at a time. Plus having to now only eat fresh foods makes this a wise choice since items may begin to spoil after a few days. Have I mentioned, I have no idea what I am doing?? I barely know how to rinse lettuce properly (I bought a lettuce spinner). I've had to ask the mothers in my life how to even steam veggies. This is going to be interesting...

So with the greens piled high in my kitchen, my mind hell bent on a successful 21 days ahead, and this blog ready to record all my experiences with the detox.... Its time for my last glass of wine for three weeks and trust me I will appreciate every drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment