Tuesday, February 2, 2010

No Pain No Gain

We had a lecture tonight at the office on this Detox program. It confirmed for me the reasons that I have done this detox for myself. It reiterated the importance of food for my body's overall function and ability to fight disease and illness. And ingrained a little deeper in me all of these changes I've been making for the past few weeks. Man, cleaning out your body is so so so important and should be priority. I've said it before, even making small changes in your eating habits can benefit you immensely over time.

Another added benefit- I stepped on the scale today and have lost 13 lbs. In 2 1/2 weeks! I expect to gain a little back when I integrate the foods back in. But what a great start to losing more weight when this is over by continuing my daily workouts and keeping some of these knew habits. Now, not everyone loses weight on this program and some people would not want to. There are no portion sizes laid out for you and you always have options with your meals and shakes. I have been trying to make smart choices and small portions for my meals. One big part is with the shakes, we have the option of adding fruit to them. I don't. There is a lot of sugar in fruits and calories as well. By not adding this to my shakes I have cut out a lot of those calories.

I am on day 16 and am starting to really feel the positive affects of the detox. It's 9:20 and I could wind down and crawl in bed but I also feel a healthy energy flowing through my body and head. And only 5 days to go. So nice to say that.

"Awareness is always accessible within ourselves, within our energy." - Tarthang Tulku

I think everyone's path in life is different. But I also think that it is in everyone to start making some positive changes for themselves. And this in turn opens your awareness to the direction you need to go for your physical, mental, and spiritual self. I needed to make a move in my life. This detox came around in the perfect timing because I happened to be looking for a way to make some changes. I didn't know at the time what this was going to do for me. I didn't plan to lose that weight, I just knew it was time for me to make a move and make some changes. I know now that I have the strength in me to commit to something for 3 weeks that isn't exactly pleasant. I know now, that I am that much healthier then I was 3 weeks ago. And it makes me very excited. It makes all this sacrifice worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment