Sunday, February 7, 2010

The last day has arrived :)

Ok everyone, we've made it to day 21. The detox has come to end. It has been quite an experience full of a lot of sacrifice and commitment. It's so weird, this morning I woke up and started really reflecting on everything that's happened in the past 3 weeks and it made me emotional. I actually welled up. It was like a release of all the emotions and pressure I've been holding in to stay committed to this. I let myself just relax and realize that it's done. I've picked up some really good, permanent daily habits. I've lost 15 lbs. I feel healthier, more energetic. I feel great. I'm a little scared moving forward that I will regress, but I think that's normal. I just need to give myself a break. I've worked really hard for 3 weeks straight, I've earned a small break. And it is ok to move forward with some of but not all the changes I've been doing for the past 21 days. DEEP BREATH...RELEASE... I did it!

I know I haven't been the easiest person to live with through this so I really am thankful and so grateful for the support and patience my boyfriend Pat has given me. I've learned a lot about myself lately and he has given me the room to explore that and grow. And thank you to all my friends and family because they have been so supportive and understanding as to the strength it takes to tackle something like this. I know that they all have been the key to my success.

It's time now to focus my energy in another direction. And to those of you thinking about doing this detox- go for it, it aint that bad :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! You did it!! You are so amazing to stick with it. I know people who have started a 7 day detox and can't make it!! Next time you look in the mirror, see the strong woman you are. This endeavor will get you through many tough times ahead. God gave you a vessel to take care of and use to share His Love. Here's to a new day and new dawning of an awakening to health, in mind, spirit and body! We are so blessed to have you in our family. =)

    ReplyDelete